GPASI.org
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 06:27:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Friday Oct. 27th Regular Meeting and Costume Contest!
3573 Posts in 818 Topics by 137 Members
Latest Member: mcoutinho
* Home Help Search Calendar GPASI Login Register
+  GPASI.org
|-+  Aquarium Keeping
| |-+  Livestock
| | |-+  Cichlids
| | | |-+  How long do Red OB Zebras hold eggs?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How long do Red OB Zebras hold eggs?  (Read 141 times)
firefromheaven
Fry

« on: September 18, 2017, 11:56:23 PM »

Well my Red OB Zebras are spawning right now.  Does anyone know how long they hold the eggs?

Age and treachery always beats youth and skill...  Mike
insularexotics
Fry

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 10:20:00 PM »

Mike,
According to what I found online they hold 2-3 weeks.  http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/cichlid/RedZebra.php

Keep in mind , as was mentioned at the big auction and in the newsletter, that P.zebra has been split into about 20 different species.  For BAP purposes, any zebras submitted would ilkely go in as Metriaclima sp. (of which you can only submit one) unless you can get a solid ID down to species. You'd have to do a little digging on OB Zebras because I think they're a hybrid and therefore would be your one Metriaclima sp. allowed for that genus.  None of this matters too much if you're just breeding to breed.  But for BAP it's a newly emerged issue with the recent taxonomic changes.  Lots of people are going to be doing some serious homework to get their fish properly identified.

Hope that helps. Smiley
Rich

Rich Terrell
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: